DAN AND ANN CREDEUR

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Busy Weekend





We have had a very busy weekend. Saturday morning Dan & I took our three precious grandchildren to the Global Wildlife safari. The kids loved it. We rode around in a wagon and were able to feed the animals as they would come right up to us and stick out their tongue. We had brought Caleb's little sippy cup and Alexia had a coke from McD's and Austin had a bottle coke. Well Caleb want Aleixa drink because it had a straw. So Alexia said he could have it. We didn't realize what coke will do to a two year old. Within two minutes he was going wild on us. At first I didn't realize what it was, then Dan said I think it is the coke that we gave him. So for the next hour on the wagon we were trying to keep Caleb from jumping off the wagon to go play with the animals. But he wasn't the only wild child there, we picked the wagon with two other wild boys. (One was a RED HEAD) But over all it was a great time with the grandkids. Then afterwards we were all hungry so we went into the town and Dan & Austin spotted a "Kentucky Fried Chicken" sign and they both had wanted to try out this new thing that has mashed potatoes with gravy, fried chicken and cheese on it. So anyway we went into the place and so I ordered some Chicken also. So we ate, then Caleb was very quite for a few minutes, then we smelt something. Thank goodness no one else was in the place, because it was not a good smell. If you know what I mean. It was an all day event. So we dropped Austin & Alexia off at their home and call Chad and they were at our home working on his 4-Wheeler. (He is going out with the "boys" when we go to Natchez). All I wanted to do was to come home, take a bath, and rest for the rest of the night. So after they left I was getting ready to take a bath and got a phone call from Dan's parents and said they were coming over Sunday. So I got into gear again, sent Dan to Walmart for fixing for Jamabala and Potato Salad. Got up early this morning and started cooking for everyone. So today we had the whole family over for dinner. It was so good to see Dan's Mom & Dad to be able to come over. His Dad is getting really weak, and needs help getting up & down out of a chair. Michelle ( his Sister) is really helping out a lot now. It is so nice to see her & Dan together. After dinner we took them over to see Angie's home and then to Chad's home. So now it is 9:00 Sunday night and here I am blogging instead of relaxing in my chair. So anyway, this is my weekend. Very busy, but I love when we have "Family Time"

5 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Sometimes on Saturday, I think I am way too tired to cook on Sunday. Then I think about how hard it would be to go out with a big group, and how much I love getting to see the kids.
    I think it is a nice custom to have.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    I am glad you enjoyed your family time! I always look forward to the weekends because I know I will actually get to see everyone! You and Dan are such great grandparents. All three of you sisters are!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger AmandaThomas said…

    I love family time also. It's sweet that you really enjoy being with Uncle Dan's family. I'm the same way. Josh's family is great. His mom's side really reminds me of our family.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Well I dont even want to know what caffeine will do to Jackson! Thats so funny-I can just imagine Caleb. Sounds like a great weekend. My mom and step dad are coming this weekend....I love getting together with family:)

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Kay said…

    Wow, what a fun and busy weekend! I'm so glad you have your families so close. Looking forward to our ladies night out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home